Friday, January 22, 2010

Nothing better on a cold winter day than hot chocolate....... and a camera that works!

"Oh, Divine chocolate!
They grind thee kneeling,
Beat thee with hands praying.
And drink thee with eyes to heaven."
-Marco Antonio Orellana
via The True History of Chocolate by Sophie D. Coe and Michael D. Coe

My sister S had a food project for school today and she was set on having hot chocolate and chili pepper a la the movie Chocolat. Of course she didn't let my mom know this till last night, so this morning my mom was rushing to the store to get everything. For those of you who have never had hot chocolate from scratch I will tell you that it is rich, very rich, SMACK YOU IN THE FACE SO FULL OF RICHNESS kind of rich. We inevitably always have to much because no one can handle more than a single cup at a time. I had planned on having some lovely pictures but of course I am camera incompetent and could not get the stupid thing to focus. Argh. Why does my sister have to be so athletic and never here when I need her to take pictures?! Meh. Anyway I'll just post some screen caps of the movie instead.



Magical stuff chocolate, it makes old bitter women happy...



And of course it's this guys favorite



On a different note, how awesome are the costumes in this movie! I'm really liking clothing from the late 50s and early 60s at the moment. I just think it's so flattering; the knee length skirts, the belted waists, cardigans, etc. Not exactly the most exciting clothing I suppose, but the key is really in how you put it together.









screencaps via Screencap Heaven

1 comment: