Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Lightning Thief



Re-reading The Lightning Thief for the thousandth time. I love the playful twist on Greek mythology. Rick Riordan takes many well known myths and puts his own playful twist on them. You might recognize the story but then he switches it up to keep things interesting. I'm so glad I have little sisters who are also big readers so I can always dig into their YA collections.

When I heard they were making of movie of the book I was hesitant, and when I read of who they cast I was outraged! Yet again a movie company completely disregards the physical and character descriptions given by the authors and create their own (biggest travesty that comes to mind is movie Ella Enchanted). I understand that there are many physical similarities between the Percy Jackson series and Harry Potter series but that's the way the author wrote it. It's especially important important in this series where the half-bloods inherit physical traits from their godly parents, and you can often distinguish their parenthood by how they look. Gah. I guess I will just have to wait and see when the movie comes out.

I do have to admit the guy they got to play Percy Jackson is pretty adorable, I feel kinda creepy for saying that, a bit like a cougar even though I'm not THAT much older than him.


Check out the trailer here

No comments:

Post a Comment