Monday, January 25, 2010

Late night outfit epiphany

I always come up with my best ideas late at night, I have no idea why this happens but unfortunately it means that often times I end up writing papers at 5 in the morning the day before they're due. The "oh duh" moment has to do with layering. I have a beautiful skirt from Mango that I never wear because with every little breeze it flies up like so:



Very annoying. Especially when living on the coast in the PNW where there is never a lack for breezes. My ah hah moment was...... to wear a body con dress under it...Dur! I had read about layering skirts over dresses hundreds of times in pretty much EVERY blog but it never clicked in my head to try it. So I hopped out of bed shedding both cat and down coat to ransack my closet for every short dress I have and of course it works beautifully. Now I can wear my lovely skirt wherever I like and if it flies up (and chances are it will) I won't be flashing my undies to the world, instead they will see the skirt portion of the dress and nothing else. I can't wait to wear it the next time I leave the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment