Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Like nails on a chalk board

I've been getting really into vlogging lately which of course entails filming myself. And the worst part about it, by far, is having to listen to my own voice. It irritates me to no end to hear myself speak. I really dislike the American accent because I think we put unflattering emphasis on certain sounds. One of those sounds is the "s" sound. Are we a nation of snakes? What is going on here? Why is there an inordinate amount of stress on the the s's of my words? So that has become one of my goals from vlogging. To learn to modulate my voice so it sounds less annoying to my own ears. Haha! I'll laugh if after a while I start to sound like a news caster of my own life. Barrrrgh. Why couldn't I have been born in Australia or Scotland? I like those accents. Those accents are pleasant to listen to.

On an unrelated note whatever happened to trying to teach myself proper grammar? I guess that didn't really work out. I was going to try and edit the paragraph above but that will just put too much stress on my brain after all it's been through today. Snap. This doesn't look good for my application essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment