Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Travels

I was reading some blogs and looking on facebook and getting very jealous of all the traveling people were doing. I like to travel! So why am I not traveling?! And then I realized... I had done ALOT of traveling in the last year! I just never remember to take photos so I don't always have visual reminders of what I've done. Silly me. So for my own peace of mind here is a list of the traveling I've done since last : summer..

1. San Antonio TX: I came back from college to a completely emptied out house with blow up mattresses and no lamps. It's such a strange feeling to have to rough it indoors. I got to eat the good Texas food and experience the Texas friendliness one last time before....

2. Driving from San Antonio TX to Marblehead MA: One Week and over 2,000 miles cross country. Since we were on a schedule we didn't get to make a lot of touristy stops but we did get to experience the landscape of about 10 different states, and there is nothing more beautiful than the summer in the South. We finished the drive in Marblehead where we stayed with friends who lived within walking distance of the beach which was a wonderful end to being trapped in car for hours.

3. Day trips into Boston: We live all of 8 miles from Boston but since roadways in MA are nuts and the area is so densely populated it takes 40 min to get into the city either by car or by the T. Boston is a really gorgeous city that is full of so much history.

4. New York, NY: A week before Christmas my dad surprised us with a quick trip to NYC. We spent a day in the city visiting all the tourist-y places such as Times Square, Tiffany and Co., Bergdorf's, and The Met. Sadly that day a huge blizzard hit so it limited the number of things we could do outdoors. But the day ended with an exceptionally delicious meal at Le Cirque and a picturesque walk through an empty city in the snow.

5. Seattle, WA: Over winter break we flew to Seattle for my grandfather's 80th Birthday. Even though I lived in WA for two years I never really explored Seattle. Turns out it's amazing! By far my favorite city in the US. I can't believe I didn't get to really experience when I was there but 'tis life I suppose. My mom grew up on Capitol Hill so she took us out to Broadway and showed us around the U District and we ate Dick's burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment